1. The products and services reflected in the provisional booking will only be secured on our receipt of a signed invoice, Hire terms and condition form, and the 50% deposit. The invoice will be valid for 24 hours from date of issue thereof. All changes thereafter are to be made in writing only. Provisional bookings will be released without notification, should the client fail to make payment of the deposit and/or fail to provide us with the necessary documentation as contemplated above, within the said 24 hours period.
2.1 A 50% deposit is required within 24 hours of receipt of the invoice to be deposited into the following account, invoice number to be used as reference.
2.2 An additional, refundable breakage deposit will be added to the invoice and is payable with the balance. This is fully/partly refundable within 10 days after the collection/return of all hire items. In the event of any damages/losses occurring this deposit will be utilised as set out in point below. Client must send bank info for refund on breakage deposit.
2.3 The balance is payable 7 day prior to collection or setup/delivery/pic up of the hire items, in failing to do so, we are entitled to cancel the function and charge a 100% cancellation fee, for which the client will be billed.
3. Goods on Hire, All hire items, including but not limited to equipment, décor and linen, are and will at all time remain the property of JCPS&Event’s. All hire items will be at the client’s sole risk from the date and time of delivery/collection/set up until the safe return/collection thereof. The client hereby accepts full responsibility for any loss, shortage and/or damage which may occur, notwithstanding the cause thereof. In the event of any such loss, shortage, damages and/or breakages occurring, the replacement (as per replacement per unit) or repair value, as well as all costs incurred by us in replacing or repairing damage of any nature, will be subtracted from the refundable breakage deposit or billed for should it exceed the deposit amount. JCPS&Event’s is not a search and recovery business and when goods are to be collected the client is responsible for all goods to be ready for collection in the same state that they were delivered. If we have to look for and pack items hired by the client, the client will be charged a fee to be decided upon by JCPS&Event’s
4. Collection – Return and Deliveries
4.1 Normal delivery times are between 9:30am and 2:30pm from Monday to Friday. After hours deliveries & collections can be arranged but an after-hours surcharge will be added.
4.2 JCPS&Event’s has a minimum booking fee
4.3 All hire items must be checked and inspected by the client upon delivery/collection thereof and the client must immediately inform us of any fault/damage or shortage refunds will be issued for a fault/damage or shortage reported after the function date.
4.4 Upon return of all hire items, such items are subject to inspection for any damages, shortages or losses thereto.
4.5 Upon verification that such items have been returned in the same condition as issued to the client, the refundable breakage deposit will be repaid within 10 working days.
4.6 All items must be returned in the bags, boxes or crates they were issued in. Missing Crates will be charged for at R160.00 a crate
4.7 Please carefully check the function date and delivery or collection times.
4.8 Please ensure that all items are cleaned, packed and ready for collection as per collection date and time. Clearing of any items by JCPS&Event’s staff on collection date will subject the client to additional charges.
4.9 The client must collect and return the goods on the stipulated dates stated on the Invoice.
4.9.1 Items must be collected on the “Delivery/Collection date” by 16:00.
4.9.2 Items must be returned on the “Return/Collection date” by 13:00. Shop ours Monday until Friday 9am until 17h00, Sat-Sunday 9am until 14:00
4.9.3 If the client does not return the entire order by specified “Return Date”, a reasonable penalty fee 5% will be deducted from the refundable deposit which will depend on the specific circumstances of the hire and could result in the deduction of the entire refundable deposit should the circumstances of the hire reasonably allow for same. The client also agrees to pay the full daily hire fee for the first additional day, and the full daily charge for each day thereafter until such time as all of the goods are returned
4.9.4 The follow documents request for pickup at shop without document no order will leave the shop.
4.9.5 Certification proof off address documents from police.
4.9.6 Certification proof off ID documents from police.
5. Rental Period. All hire items are only guaranteed for the date of the function. Whilst we will try and accommodate special requests for early collections/deliveries, these dates are subject to change and alteration and we hereby specifically reserve the right to effect such changes or alterations as needs be. The Rental Period is stated on the order form/Invoice Any additional period will be charged at the rates of the price list, until the equipment is returned by the client or collected by JCPS&Event’s.
6. Final Confirmation, Confirmation of final numbers must be effected at least 14 days prior to the function date. Our invoice and final preparations will be based on this quantity. No reduction in numbers will be accepted 14 days or less prior to the function date.
7. Replacement Items may need to be replaced, should any losses and/or damages occur there to. All replacements will be made on the highest design/quality item available, which value shall be equal to the price quoted to the client.
8. Cancellation. The cancellation of a booking or the cancellation of part of a booking must be effected in writing and received by us.
No refund on 50% booking confirm payments. The following cancellation charges will be levied: 30+ days prior to the function date: 25%, 30 – 16 days prior to the function date: 50%, 15 or less days prior to the function date: 100%
9. No refund on rain day's
10. No refund if client yard, venue our tents don’t fit in.
11. Linen All linen must be returned unwashed. Linen must be dry when being returned and any linen returned to JCPS&Event’s in a wet, mildewed, stained, torn or burnt condition will be charged for at a full replacement value. In the event of excessive candle wax being deposited on any linen item(s),the amount of R35.00 per item will be deducted from the refundable breakage deposit or billed for, should it exceed the refundable breakage deposit amount. NO SPARKLERS are allowed near any tablecloth(s) or linen item(s).They will burn holes through any linen, resulting in these items having to be replaced. The client will be liable for the full replacement value of these items, as is stated in point 8 above.
12. Cutlery, Crockery and Glassware All cutlery, glasses and crockery items must be returned washed and dried, Packed into the right containers and be ready for collection on the date stated. Wine and Champagne Glasses must be emptied to discard any excess liquid and placed back in their boxes as issued.
13. Furniture Transport of any furniture is not allowed.
14. Severability If any particular provision and/or term of this Agreement is found to be defective or unenforceable or is cancelled for any reason (whether by any competent Court or otherwise) then the remaining provisions and/or terms shall continue to be of full force and effect. Each provision and/or term of this Agreement shall accordingly be construed as entirely separate and separately enforceable in the widest sense from the other provisions and/or terms.
15. Whole Agreement . This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof. No Agreements, guarantees or representations, whether verbal or in writing, have been concluded, issued or made upon which any party is relying in concluding this Agreement, save to the extent set out herein. No variation of, or addition to or agreed cancellation of this Agreement shall be of any force or effect unless it is reduced to writing and signed by the parties. No relaxation, indulgence or extension of time granted to the client shall be construed as a waiver of the rights of JCPS&Event’s, in terms hereof, not shall it stop us from enforcing strict and punctual compliance with the terms of this Agreement. 16. Authority and Acceptance: The parties whose signatures are affixed below agree to accept the terms and conditions stated within this Agreement and warrant that the undersigned person/s is/are the authorised person/s.